Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Difference of Time

     A funny thing has happened, and it's not something I'd thought about before. Stolen Lives has gotten a lot of great reviews lately, and I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read and review it. But here's the funny thing I'd never considered: folks read it in a few hours and want to know when the next one is coming out. Why is this funny? Well...


    If you've been reading this blog from the beginning, you know the publishing process isn't an overnight thing. It takes years before you see that novel on the shelf. And suddenly, it's there and people can get it to read it. What took me years to write, pitch to publishers, sell, promote, and prepare for is an experience they'll read through in a matter of hours. Talk about a difference in time!  :)


    So the next time you pick up a novel by your favorite author and tear through it in record time, remember: you're holding months of their life in your hands.


    Please be kind.  ;)


Powered by Qumana


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Reaves,
STOLEN LIVES was fantastic-I can't seem to get your website to accept my request for a newsletter. I hope you are close to a new novel now. It is October 7th,2007 when I write this. The manner in which you write is thrilling without the language so many novels have today. You are truly a writer !

Sincerely,

E. Hartmann
St. Louis, MO

( you have made me nervous about giving out information-I actually had it happen to me fortunately only $1600.00 That is still a lot! )Please send me an e-mail if you ever read this. You have a fan.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home